Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to: Configure Gmail as Messaging Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to: Configure Gmail as Messaging Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2018 12:04 PM

Configure Gmail in ClearPass as Messaging (Email) Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

Select Adminstration->External Servers->Endpoint Context Servers

In Server, input the following

Select Server Type - Generic HTTP

Server Name - mail.google.com

Server Base URL - https://mail.google.com

Validate Server - Check Enable to validate the server certificate

image172.png

In Certificates, verify the certificates, click Save

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 11.55.34 PM.png

Select Adminisratrion->External Servers->Messaging Setup

In SMTP Server, input the SMTP setting

Server name - smtp.gmail.com

Connection Security - TLS

Port - 465

User Name - Your_gmail_Username@gmail.com

Password - Your_gmail_password

Verify Password - Your_gmail_password

Default From address - no-reply@your_domain.com

click Save

image304.png

• 2.  RE: How to: Configure Gmail as Messaging Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

Posted Jul 31, 2018 12:25 PM

Great writeup. Saved me from having to manually find gmail certs. One thing I saw was that I had to use 587 for the port number and the correct selection for security is named StartTLS. Thanks again!

• 3.  RE: How to: Configure Gmail as Messaging Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

Posted Sep 08, 2019 09:34 PM

Thanks for the guide!

Just to check, i still need to enable the security feature in gmail to allow other applications correct?

• 4.  RE: How to: Configure Gmail as Messaging Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2019 11:24 PM

I believe so. If that has changed please specify here for the benefit of the community.

• 5.  RE: How to: Configure Gmail as Messaging Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

Posted Sep 08, 2019 11:30 PM

Hi Team,

Just need to access your account settings (upper right of your email screens), then scroll down to security and turn the "Less secure app access" service On. 

Screenshot below:

Gmail_Account_Settings.jpg

• 6.  RE: How to: Configure Gmail as Messaging Server without the error "Failed to verify server certificate"

Posted Sep 12, 2019 12:13 PM

THANK YOU! This worked perfect for me and saved me time from manually importing the google certs!!