Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to acquire posture scan information

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to acquire posture scan information

Posted Jun 09, 2013 09:33 PM

hi,

i got a question, how to acquire the latest posture scan information ( Healthy/Unhealthy, date/time) a client has done so that these information can be used as condition of a service?  looks like i can SQL query the logdb, but anyone can provide the details?

Joe

• 2.  RE: How to acquire posture scan information

Posted Jun 10, 2013 12:06 PM

Can you explain what you are trying to do? 

By default the posture token is cached until changed by CPPM so long as that check box is checked off in the enforcement policy.

So TIPS > Poture > = > Healthy (or 'not healthy' is what most people use);

• 3.  RE: How to acquire posture scan information

Posted Jun 11, 2013 08:47 PM

we have same requirement where Zach Jennings talked about at 18min of his [video]Clearpass Managment Basics (http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/VIDEO-ClearPass-Management-Basics/ta-p/74536); he did it by doing SQL quiery to logdb but i could not find any information about logdb from this site

• 4.  RE: How to acquire posture scan information

Posted Jun 12, 2013 04:08 PM

Yeah, i know what you are talking about;

The qurey he was building was in 5.2; in 6.x we migrated everything into insight and so logdb i dont think exists anymore;
    You would need to use either insightdb or tipsdb.

tipdb would work if you want to use an endpoint as your referance.

Insight basically has everything else.

Overall you need to create a custom pgsql authentication source and edit the filters to get the data you want.

If you need the 5.2 query i can get that for you, but when it comes to 6.x it wont work.

• 5.  RE: How to acquire posture scan information

Posted Jun 13, 2013 02:33 AM

Thanks for letting us know the background, we are working with Aruba TAC now