Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

Posted Nov 23, 2014 05:42 AM

how ro activate account after first login not after creation

• 2.  RE: How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

Posted Nov 23, 2014 06:18 AM

For admin..

"Account activation" = Now

"Account expiration" select "Account expires after...". This triggers the field "Expires after".

"Expires after" = your choice.

The account expiration timer will then start after first authentication.

• 3.  RE: How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

Posted Nov 24, 2014 04:48 PM

Thanks I know that I mean I need to print many scratch cards each 1 is one hour so I need account to start counting the hour after the first login not after creating it.

• 4.  RE: How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

Posted Nov 25, 2014 01:37 AM
    Yes, and that is solved if you do what I described. The point is that you want it to last x hours from first login, regardless of when that login happens.

• 5.  RE: How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

Posted Nov 25, 2014 09:13 AM
      |   view attached

I followed the same as you said but thsi account expired without any logins as you can see in attached

• 6.  RE: How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

Posted Nov 25, 2014 09:23 AM

Yes, sorry about sending you off in the wrong direction. I was too quick in my original answer..

If you look at the Create Multiple default form you have a field there called "Account Lifetime" which is what you need.

Put the Account Expiration to "Do not expire" and input something like 8 hours in the "Account Lifetime" field.

Editied: If you want to have this field in another form, the name of it is "expire_postlogin". By default this field is not part of the create_single user form.

• 7.  RE: How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?

Posted Nov 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Thank you so much one more thing can i do it with self register Guests,

like guest came and register how to make it ? and where I will find the Post login ?

• 8.  RE: How to activate Guest accounts after first login in clearpass guest?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 26, 2014 04:40 AM

I can't recommend that for self-registration. Just activate it instantly and allow them to re-register when the time is up.

Only scenarios where it's useful is for admins to pre-register a bunch of scratch-cards or conference attendees or something like that..