Security

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

How to automatically create a token for a Captive portal user on certain dates and emails it.

Background:    

We are using Clearpass for our Guest captive portal. A token (random string) is needed to go through that captive portal. A guest needs to enter their phone number on the portal and Clearpass will text them their Token.    

What I am trying to do is to create a something that will automatically generate a Token for certain dates and emails it. For example, Clearpass will generate a Token every 1st of December and emails it to a particular person or group.    

Is there anyway to do this? I know this can be done manually but I wonder if it can be automated using scripts etc. I've been trying to figure it out but there doesn't seem to be a section where I can do this.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: How to automatically create a token for a Captive portal user on certain dates and emails it.

I'm not aware of a ClearPass built-in feature to do such a thing. You should be able to leverage the ClearPass API to generate guest accounts and mail out the token/credentials. There are some example scripts on the Aruba Github.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: