Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to automatically fill UserName of Login Page from UserName of Guest Self Registration form

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  How to automatically fill UserName of Login Page from UserName of Guest Self Registration form

Posted Jan 14, 2017 07:21 AM

Hi,

I have request from customer, to fill UserName field of Login Page automically from UserName of Guest Self Registration from.

Guest only need to fill Password recevied via SMS and Login Page already have UserName (which is his/her mobile number)

Regards,

Atif.

• 2.  RE: How to automatically fill UserName of Login Page from UserName of Guest Self Registration form

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2017 11:31 AM

You need to do two things:

1.  Switch the email format to a number format:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/I-need-to-use-Guest-mobile-number-as-user-name-instead-of-his/td-p/220386

2.  Configure the user to login to the controller on the receipt screen:  ClearPass Guest> Pages> Guest Self-Registrations.  Edit the Guest Self-Registration Profile.  Click on "Sponsor Confirmation" with the checkmark beside it.  Make sure sponsorship confirmation is enabled is enabled.  Click on Save and Continue.  Make sure "Enable Guest Login to an Access Server" is enabled under Enabled.  Click on Save.

Just as a warning;  the user will be waiting until the sponsor approves, so this must be tested properly to ensure the workflow is what the customer wants.

• 3.  RE: How to automatically fill UserName of Login Page from UserName of Guest Self Registration form

Posted Jan 14, 2017 11:42 AM

Hi cjoseph,

I think I am not able express correctly what I needed.

I am using Clearpass Guest Self Registration page for creation of Guest Account. No Sponsor approval needed. Fields are Username & mobile. Once he click on submit button, SMS will send to user with random generated Password to user. Login Page will appear, guest need to enter his mobile number (username) and password (which is send via sms). 

Customer requirement is only he need to put passowrd & His Mobile number already filled in User Name field.

Hopefully it will explain my scenario and requirement.

• 4.  RE: How to automatically fill UserName of Login Page from UserName of Guest Self Registration form

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2017 12:49 PM

"Make sure "Enable Guest Login to an Access Server" is enabled under Enabled." will automatically put the username into a form.

• 5.  RE: How to automatically fill UserName of Login Page from UserName of Guest Self Registration form
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 20, 2017 06:38 PM

Try referring to:

https://arubapedia.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-To:_Clearpass_Guest_Self-Reg_Receipt_Without_Showing_Password

The code snippet that you'll need to use in the FOOTER of your Guest Self-Reg Receipt page:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    addLoadEvent(function() {ldelim}
    window.location.href='{$gsr_metadata.register_page|rawurlencode}_login.php?username={$username|rawurlencode}';
    {rdelim});
    //-->
    </script>