Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?

Posted Jul 11, 2015 12:02 PM

Hello guys, I am new in Aruba can anyone teach me to block youtube and p2p sites in aruba 3200? Also I can't enable the firewall visibility, do I need another license for that?

Thanks in advance!!

• 2.  RE: How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2015 12:05 PM
    You would need a 7 series controller to reliably block applications.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2015 12:06 PM

AppRF functionality for the 3000 series controller is visibility only (see Colin's post below regarding 3200 vs. 3200XM).  You can only enforce policy (ie. block) on the next generation controllers, 7000 and 7200 series.

You'll need the PEFNG (Policy Enforcement Firewall) license for any role/firewall functionality regardless.

• 4.  RE: How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2015 12:08 PM

The link here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/firewall_visibility.htm?Highlight=firewall-visibility says what devices you can enable firewall-visibility on.  The 3200 is not included unfortunately.

this.png

• 5.  RE: How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?

Posted Jul 11, 2015 12:18 PM

I got this error message when I entered the command for firewall visibility.

error.png

• 6.  RE: How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2015 12:55 PM

@jeu100605 wrote:

I got this error message when I entered the command for firewall visibility.

error.png

That is because it is not supported on the 3000.  Please see my post above.

• 7.  RE: How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?

Posted Jul 11, 2015 01:04 PM

Yes it's not supported. Do you have any suggestions how to control these abusive users?bec. they are slowing our connection. I can't block them bec. they are our guests.

Apologies for the noob question, I'm really new in this.

Thanks!

• 8.  RE: How to block youtube and enable Firewall visibility in aruba 3200 controller?

Posted Jul 15, 2015 03:10 PM

you could see if you could apply a bandwidth limitation on there role.