Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

Posted Oct 15, 2014 12:38 AM

How to make different captive portal pages on clearpass policy manager ?

E.g.

Captive portal page A for mobile devices.

Captive portal page B for other devices.

If a mobile device comes in a company network, how clearpass will assing the captive portal page A for mobile devices ?

how to configure this scenario.

• 2.  RE: How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2014 12:56 AM
    What vendor are you using for Wireless?

• 3.  RE: How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

Posted Oct 15, 2014 12:58 AM

Aruba IAP Vendor

IAP 93.

• 4.  RE: How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2014 01:08 AM

Clearpass already has the logic built into the captive portal to resize the page based on the device. You can have a custom skin built so you dont have to do any programing to make it work.

What is the reason why you would need two CP pages?

In most cases you can go off the DHCP profile and assign a page based on the device type and send back a different role for each type. The problem with that is that it can be a race condition where the profile might not happen until the device is profiled. 

I haven't tested with IAP but you can also use the Aruba VSA and use that as your condition for what type of page to show.

Again that is a lot of rules that you will have to make or couple big rules.

I'm sure there are a few other ways to also accomplish this but those are the few off the top of my head.

Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 12.03.37 AM.png

• 5.  RE: How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

Posted Oct 15, 2014 02:23 AM

I am intending to configure separate captive portal porfile for different devices, mobile and laptop devices.

Its a client requirement, I need a custom branding in clearpass.

• 6.  RE: How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:30 AM

initially i have created the guest ssid with internal server authenticated and captive protal has been displayed on user device.

i have created second ssid with external radius authentication through clear pass and provided the information there... on clear pass guest have i desinged the web login page. now when user is connected to the second ssid captive portal page is not displaying..

1.jpg

• 7.  RE: How to build different Captive Portal Pages On Clearpass policy manager ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:33 AM