Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to customize Guest user creation form validation

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to customize Guest user creation form validation

Posted Aug 09, 2016 02:41 PM
      |   view attached

I have created a simple create_user form and have a question about form validatioin.  Currently the guest name and terms are the only feilds that are required.  However I would like to make the form error out if either phone number or email address are not provided.  Making these required fields is not an option for my customer. 

Feilds present are: Guest Name, Phone Number, Email and Terms and Conditions.

• 2.  RE: How to customize Guest user creation form validation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2016 03:51 PM

When you edit the form the "Field Must Be Supplied" attribute must be checked:

Screenshot 2016-08-09 at 14.48.42.png

• 3.  RE: How to customize Guest user creation form validation

Posted Aug 09, 2016 06:48 PM
    That option is selected for both the guest_name and terms and conditions feild. What I would like to happen is in the guest_name form have validation set to check to see if either the phone number or email address feild are filed out, if not return a validation error "please enter either phone number or email address".

• 4.  RE: How to customize Guest user creation form validation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2016 09:33 PM

That would be the "Validation Error" parameter:

Screenshot 2016-08-09 at 20.32.06.png