Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to edit Fields in self-registration login page?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How to edit Fields in self-registration login page?

Posted Nov 27, 2015 07:24 AM

Hi all,

If my guest self-registration page is guest/registration.php and it has login page guest/registration_login.php, how can I edit the fields on this login page? 

When editing the registration service I can edit the fields of the registration page and receipt page but I can't find a way to edit the login page fields...

• 2.  RE: How to edit Fields in self-registration login page?

Posted Nov 27, 2015 07:36 AM
    What exactly are you trying to do ?
    Just change the display of how the default fields look ?

There's an option to edit the labels :

Custom Labels:
    Override the default labels and error messages

• 3.  RE: How to edit Fields in self-registration login page?

Posted Nov 27, 2015 08:04 AM

Hi Victor,

My plan was to get mac_auth_pair field added to the login page just to test could I get the used device mapped to the username. When the mac_auth_pair is enabled in the registration page the device is mapped to user. But if the user would use another device with this user name it's not mapped as default.

• 4.  RE: How to edit Fields in self-registration login page?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 08:11 AM

User ID 38,942,

You should create your own login page under Configuration> Pages> Weblogins.  Why do I say this?  Because the "Login page" that is under the Guest Registration allows you to edit a few things, but not the forms on the page.  You would edit the contents on the login page in the Guest Registration Page by click on "Advanced Editor" and Going down to the heading that starts with "Login Page".  You can edit this page by overriding things, but it does not seem to allow you to edit the forms from here.  It is easier to create a new web login page using Configuration> Pages> Weblogins and then link to that page for login because that page's forms can be fully edited without necessarily having to construct HTML.

• 5.  RE: How to edit Fields in self-registration login page?

Posted Nov 27, 2015 08:19 AM

Thanks Victor.

This what I was thinking as well - there's no way to edit the fields. 

What would be the proper way to make a link from registration page to this standalone login page ("I have already an account")? Normal link wouldn't work because it would be redirected.

• 6.  RE: How to edit Fields in self-registration login page?

Posted Dec 26, 2015 07:18 AM

as long a the other page is also on the same server, which you have allowed in your logon ACL, then it won't be redirected.