Security

Occasional Contributor I

How to get a overview on connected devices to wired network in ClearPass

How to get a nice overview on what is connected to the wired network in ClearPass?

I did enable profiling a view switches (around 40 devices):

Added Dhcp forward to ClearPass for that customer site.

All switch Port have open EAP authentication to ClearPass.

The endpoint database got the profiled info about devices it learned.

Would like to know if there is a way to present this info in a nice way to the customer, without dumping the full database with all their wifi info as well?

Is there an easy way / something available to list those switches and port numbers and the type of devices connected to it?

Or do I need to script this with and API interfaces?

Kind Regards

Gerrit

Guru Elite

Re: How to get a overview on connected devices to wired network in ClearPass

This is generally the role of an NMS. The Insight dashboards may provide you with some basic information.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Re: How to get a overview on connected devices to wired network in ClearPass

Ok,

Not the answer I was hoping for, will have a look what we have already in insight.

Edit: Insight got the date I needed, took a moment as I needed an update to 6.7.9 as had a proxy error in insight.

In the mean time set up a small Lab with an cisco switch Airwave NMS and clearpass.

Added the airwave server into clearpass "endpoint context server configuration" and the cisco switch into Airwave.

Edit: this did not show any extra data from ClearPass, might have set it up incorrect.

The info I am looking for seem all in the Live action tracker.

- End-Hosts identifier " mac address (VoIP Phone / Cisco / Cisco IP Phone)

- Radius:IETF:NAS-IP-Address 1.1.1.1

- Radius:IETF:NAS-Port-Id GigabitEthernet1/0/4

Did see some "Syslog Export Filters option" that might get the data I like out of clearpass.

Thanks, Gerrit

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: