Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to license the VIA client for remote VPN users

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How to license the VIA client for remote VPN users

Posted Mar 14, 2020 04:00 PM

Hello!

I'm interesting in using our Aruba 7220 mobility controller for remote users coming in over a SSL VPN via just Windows based devices.

The functionality looks good but I can't work out how the licensing works? We have a PEF license on the boxes, I also can't work out what the max number of clients we'd be able to have also? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Cheers

• 2.  RE: How to license the VIA client for remote VPN users

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2020 04:46 PM

If you have a box license (I assume you are running ArubaOS 6.x), it is licensed to the platform limit, which varies based on the model of controller.  Please see the VIA site here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/VIA/3x/content/home.htm for more answers to your questions.

• 3.  RE: How to license the VIA client for remote VPN users

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2020 11:17 AM

You will need either LIC-PEFV or LIC-VIA licenses for VIA.

PEFV (not to be confused with PEF) and is to apply role-based firewalling on VPN traffic. It is a per controller license and then allows VIA to be used up to the controller maximum capacity.

With ArubaOS 8 you can use the LIC-VIA license which is a per concurrent connection license.

All available product codes can be found in the VIA Datasheet that is available here.