Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to remove the print option from operators

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to remove the print option from operators

Posted Feb 09, 2015 08:33 AM
      |   view attached

Greetings All,

Another question :)

When we create a new user and hit submit, the next page that is displayed is the Receipt page. On this page it provides the facility for the creating operator to print the details. Is there anyway to stop operators from being able to see this option? I know that if they use file and print or Ctrl + P

they will be able to print the page. Also, if possible, remove the SMS option from the top of the page? I have attached the list of options that the operators see. I have removed "Manage Print Templates" privileges from them. I have noticed that under the custom forms and views that there is a default (Create_user_receipt:"Create New Guest Account Receipt"), but for the life of me i cannot find this in the forms and views field.

TIA for any assistance that you can give me

G

• 2.  RE: How to remove the print option from operators
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2015 09:02 AM

There may be an easier way to do this with html code but I have done the following in the past; if someone has a better option, please share.

• Create a duplicate of the create_user_receipt form.     It will create a form called create_user_receipt_1.     Click the Edit button.  Change the name to something you want.   In the footer field, input the following:

<div>
        <form name="print_templates_form" style="display: none">
        </form>
         </div>

cppm-guest-receipt-hide-print-1.png

• Edit the Operator Profile for these guest administrators.  
    • Choose "Override the application's forms and views" towards the bottom.  
    • Scroll to the New Guest Account Receipt dropdown and choose the new form (create_user_receipt_1).

cppm-guest-receipt-hide-print-2.png

• Have the admin log out and back in for the new forms to take apply.

• 3.  RE: How to remove the print option from operators

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2015 03:02 PM

The SMS and SMTP actions are controlled by the Operator Privilege to Send.  If you do not want them to send then remove their permission allowing it.

You can edit all the print templates and remove the permission to that operator profile.  If not templates are available then no dropdown will appear. 

So you will probably see that @

• 4.  RE: How to remove the print option from operators

Posted Feb 11, 2015 05:54 AM
    Gents, Thank you for the replies, its now working. No more print options. Unfortunately, it has had the side effect of removing the send email option from the header. The account hasn't changed, and if I remove the footer the options come back. Any idea on how I can get the option to send email back TIA G

• 5.  RE: How to remove the print option from operators

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 10:41 AM
    Set the footer to:

{nwa_insert location=guest_users_create_result_more_options}

• 6.  RE: How to remove the print option from operators

Posted Feb 11, 2015 11:02 AM

Thanks for the reply.

This still hasn't returned the send email option to me (but on a positive note, the footer is still missing).

Im no programmer, but as the old page has the links at the top, should this be in the header or the footer?

Thanks

G

• 7.  RE: How to remove the print option from operators
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 11:44 AM

By top I assume you mean the top right.  Under every other skin that the ClearPass one those links are on the bottom.  By removing the customization you get the links?  You did not mistakenly remove the permission from the Operator Profile?

Try this one instead:

{assign var=_smtp_email value=$guest_receipt[0].u.email}
    {if $_smtp_email}
    <p>{nwa_iconlink icon="images/icon-email-user22.png" text=6184|NwaText:"Send email receipt to %1":$_smtp_email|escape}smtp_guest_receipt.php?auto=1&redirect_to={$script_name}.php{/nwa_iconlink}</p>
    <p>{nwa_iconlink icon="images/icon-email22.png" text=6183|NwaText:"Send email receipt"}smtp_guest_receipt.php?redirect_to={$script_name}.php{/nwa_iconlink}
    </p>
    {/if}

• 8.  RE: How to remove the print option from operators

Posted Feb 13, 2015 05:48 AM

All,

Muchos Kudos all round.

Turns out it  was a number of things that caused the issue.

1. SMTP Services was turned off for that profile.  I have been working on a few so missed it.  That will teach me to look at what I am doing :o)
    2. Part of the design was that an email address was not to be captured, instead it was to go on a personnel number. Makes sense now I think about it that you can't send an email to an address you don’t actually capture !

Still,  all working now and my knowledge of CPG has improved.

Thank you again for your support.

G