Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to role map chromebooks?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to role map chromebooks?

Posted Sep 28, 2016 04:27 PM
      |   view attached

I am trying to create a profile for Chromebooks but they do not seem to return the attribute for Chrome OS as I expect.

I receive this Alert on failure:

Policy serverFailed to get value for attributes=[Category, Device Name]
    RADIUS[Endpoints Repository] - localhost: User not found.
    Applied 'Reject' profile

The Role mapping looks like this:

(Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Device Name  CONTAINS  Chrome OS)

Profiling is enabled on the service.

Is there a way to classify Chromebooks so I can apply a role to them?

• 2.  RE: How to role map chromebooks?

Posted Sep 28, 2016 05:10 PM
    Are those company own chromebooks ?

Do you add the ClearPass server as a DHCP relay under the data VLAN you are expecting to see the chrome devices ?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: How to role map chromebooks?

Posted Sep 29, 2016 09:50 AM

Yes Company Owned

Yes DHCP helper set in the scope for that VLAN on the controller to Clearpass.

• 4.  RE: How to role map chromebooks?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 29, 2016 09:58 AM

In order for ClearPass to obtain the profile information the device needs to be able to obtain an IP address first.

You can use the profiler option in your service and if the device is not profiled (Endpoint DB) then you can place the device in a (temporary VLAN with a session timeout) just to allow the device to get an IP address and Clearpass is able to get the profile information.

The other option is to use the google admin console as an MDM solution to grab all the chromebooks currently managed through google admin console and dumps it in the endpoint database
    http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.5.3/Content/PriorNew/OldNew_MDM.htm

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Handling-Chromebooks/m-p/261849

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: How to role map chromebooks?

Posted Sep 29, 2016 10:06 AM

I see that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!