Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

Posted Feb 17, 2012 11:30 AM

I have just setup a 650 controller, with 5 105-ap as rap.  I have one ssid setup for guest users which uses the local database via teh captive portal login page. I want to setup a ssid for internal users that will authenticatethme via MS AD servers we have setup internally.  Is there a guide on how to get this setup?

• 2.  RE: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2012 11:39 AM

This depends on the SSID you want to create. Are you trying to do 802.1x? If so, you will need a RADIUS server (Microsoft IAS) which can be installed on the domain controller. If you are just trying to do captive portal, you can use LDAP. Both of these configurations should be in the Aruba OS User Guide.

• 3.  RE: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

Posted Feb 17, 2012 11:40 AM

I want to do captive portal and have it pass over thier AD/login to the server for validation.

• 4.  RE: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2012 11:50 AM

Do you need a separate SSID for this? As in, are they going to a different VLAN? If not, you can use your existing SSID with Captive portal and just add the LDAP server to the Server Group currently being used.

• 5.  RE: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

Posted Feb 17, 2012 11:55 AM

Yes they are on a different vlan from my guest ssid. My winodws server admin says I need to use the windows ntlm option.

• 6.  RE: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2012 01:26 PM

@along5664 wrote:

Yes they are on a different vlan from my guest ssid. My winodws server admin says I need to use the windows ntlm option.

A long, the step-by-step procedure to get this done is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Step-by-Step-How-to-Configure-Microsoft-NPS-2008-Radius-Server/m-p/14392/highlight/true#M6113

• 7.  RE: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

Posted Oct 31, 2017 12:01 AM

What is the difference between 802.1x and captive portal ?

• 8.  RE: How to setup a ssid to authenticate via MS AD?

Posted Sep 21, 2023 10:28 AM

...about 5 years (walks away pretending he didn't just do the same thing)