Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

I have configured clearpass and wireless controller with 802.1x wireless but there is issue?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I have configured clearpass and wireless controller with 802.1x wireless but there is issue?

Posted Aug 08, 2015 09:49 AM

I have configured aruba controller and clearpass server for 802.1x againest local user database the thing is that when connecting with my mobile it is asking for password only liks PSK not fro usernaem and password what may cause such a thing?

• 2.  RE: I have configured clearpass and wireless controller with 802.1x wireless but there is issue?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2015 09:57 AM

It's possible that you have the wrong WPA2 configured on the SSID profile. You should be using WPA2-AES. 

For example:

Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 9.53.27 AM.png

Also, make sure you have the appropriate AAA profile applied to that SSID. I wrote a doc that, though it's old, walks through the entire setup:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/TechNote-v1-3-Aruba-Wireless-and-ClearPass-6-Integration-Guide/ta-p/70714

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: I have configured clearpass and wireless controller with 802.1x wireless but there is issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2015 10:01 AM

• 4.  RE: I have configured clearpass and wireless controller with 802.1x wireless but there is issue?

Posted Aug 08, 2015 10:28 AM

xcellent brother the issue was that I chooeed 802.1x/wep as I saw 802.1x so I choosed it but why they writed 802.1x iin this option?

• 5.  RE: I have configured clearpass and wireless controller with 802.1x wireless but there is issue?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2015 10:36 AM

I believe that is for dynamic WEP mode. I agree, that it is confusing.