Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

Posted Apr 09, 2014 09:46 AM

I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured a new vlan on the core switch. i configured to allow this vlan on the controller interface.

i want to create this ssid to connect printers and also users on corporate network should be able to print on these printers

what should be the best setup?

• 2.  RE: I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2014 10:18 AM

You should go to Configuration> WLAN/LAN Wizard to create it.

• 3.  RE: I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

Posted Apr 10, 2014 10:50 AM

I have created it but I need steps to make ti functional

• 4.  RE: I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2014 10:51 AM
    You need to put an access point in the ap-group that you applied it to.

• 5.  RE: I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

Posted Apr 10, 2014 10:52 AM

do i need to create a new AP group?

• 6.  RE: I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2014 10:53 AM
    During the wizard, it asks you what group to place it in. It is not mandatory to create a new group, no.

• 7.  RE: I have the 3400 controller. I want to create a new ssid which should be open. I have configured

Posted Apr 10, 2014 10:59 AM

while creating the SSID i started off by going to campus WLAN and created the WLAN in one of the groups. so i guess its part of this AP group. I want users to use this SSID

1.  SSID to be visible
    2. SSID to provide IP address from the vlan
    3.  confgure intergace gi0/1 which is terminated to the Coreswitch which has the DHCP helper address  to allow vlan 418
    4.  security for this to be WPA-2 personal