Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

Posted Jun 21, 2016 03:00 AM

Dear All,

we are implementing NAC in our company, we already configured our Aruba clearpass and cisco switch.

we find two main issues.

1- sometimes on first login we didn't get the auth so we have to logout and login with an admin account to obtain the auth and a valid ip address, after switch back to normal user and we are done for days.

(this could be a big problem as all other user outside the IT doesn't have an account with admin rights).

2- in other building of the company that are connected via MPLS laptop insted pass the hostname request auth with mac address. it's strange because switch are configured in the same exact way and machine are all the same created with image.

hope someone could help me.

thanks.

Marco

• 2.  RE: I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2016 05:17 AM
    Question:

Who setup the switches and clear pass?

• 3.  RE: I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

Posted Jun 21, 2016 05:29 AM

Hi Colin,

both were previously configured but our external supplier, but i can access and change configuration on both device.

to be more clear, we have a CA certificate installed on clearpass and on machine in trusted root, AD as source for auth.

and cisco switch global:

aaa authentication dot1x default group radius
    aaa authorization network default group radius
    aaa accounting dot1x default start-stop group radius
    aaa server radius dynamic-author
    client 172.20.0.23 server-key 7 ****************
    port 3799
    auth-type all

crypto pki certificate chain TP-self-signed-1980940132
    certificate self-signed 01

quit
    network-policy profile 1
    voice vlan 126 cos 4
    dot1x system-auth-control

port configured as:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/3
    switchport access vlan 105
    switchport mode access
    switchport voice vlan 126
    switchport port-security maximum 2
    authentication host-mode multi-auth
    authentication order mab dot1x
    authentication priority mab dot1x
    authentication port-control auto
    mab
    dot1x pae authenticator
    spanning-tree portfast

tell me if you need more.

Marco

• 4.  RE: I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2016 05:51 AM
    The reason why I ask, is that any change that we make could break something else unless the entire configuration is reviewed on the switch, clients and Clear pass. If you have a specific issue, you should try to get your external supplier to fix it, if possible, because he/she knows why he did what was done. If that is not possible, you should open a TAC case so they can look at it in detail and come up with a re commendation.

If you are okay with advice here, please know that our advice from only having access to part of the problem could break something...

• 5.  RE: I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

Posted Jun 21, 2016 05:58 AM

At the moment i can't broke things since we are in a POC so only 5-10 users could be affected. 

So if you have any advice i can modify things w/o problems.

BR

Marco

• 6.  RE: I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2016 06:10 AM
    Machine authentication only occurs at the ctrl-alt-delete screen of Windows and does not require user intervention. That is unless the wired profile of the client has been manipulared to only send user or only send machine credentials. Much of this has very little to do with the switch port configuration. What are the access tracker details when machine authentication fails?

• 7.  RE: I need to login as administrator to obtain machine auth. and another issue

Posted Jun 21, 2016 06:15 AM
      |   view attached

we have SSO with full disk encription provided by Endpoint Checkpoint.

latest error occure yesterday morning was on user account, i attached the dasboard details.

after i get no auth. i log off login with my other account that is administrator get auth and switch back.

Attachment(s)

zip
    DashboardDetails.zip   6 KB 1 version