Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP & Clearpass guest - Bad redirection captiveportal-login.my.domain

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  IAP & Clearpass guest - Bad redirection captiveportal-login.my.domain

Posted Apr 04, 2019 08:49 AM

Hello there,

My guest users are noticing an error while accessing the ClearPass guest portal :

A certificate warning is prompting when they click on "Connect" on the default SR portal from CPG.

We are using wildcard SSL certificate on both IAPs and CP.

With a Wi-Fi client connected to the IAP, when I try to display the https://captiveportal-login.my.domain page, I'm redirected to the master IP of my IAP VC, and that's why I am getting a certificate warning.

Why my IAP is redirecting the captiveportal-login.my.domain to his IP address instead of his hostname?

NB: captiveportal-login.my.domain is configured on NAS Vendor settings on the SR portal page under CPG.

NB2: this has stopped working after a reboot of the IAPs. I don't understand why...

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Jeremy

• 2.  RE: IAP & Clearpass guest - Bad redirection captiveportal-login.my.domain

Posted Apr 05, 2019 03:45 AM

Any idea?

I checked, and the "Use VC IP in redirect URL" is set to disabled under my external captive portal configuratio.