Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:28 AM

For troubleshooting purposes, I'd like the name of the device (authenticator) that's sending the RADIUS request to be populated in the RADIUS Request details.  This will make it faster to identify the device, rather than having to translate the NAS IP to a name.  I'm able to use a name in the NAS ID field on mobility switches, but I can't on WLAN controllers since all of the local controllers would use the same NAS ID specified under the RADIUS Server(s).  I don't see the ability to specificy a unique NAS ID on each controller, like you can a NAS IP.  Is there anyway to specify the NAS ID per controller?

As an alternative, in CPPM I can create a new device attribute called "name" and populate it, which would show up in the Computed Attributes of RADIUS requests.  This would solve my problem, but would be great if I could just set up a unique identifer on each controller.

• 2.  RE: Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:33 AM
    Are you not seeing it as a computed "Location" attribute?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:35 AM

We have a location attribute configured per device which shows up.   Our location = each campus.

• 4.  RE: Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:37 AM

Do you need it as part of the RADIUS request, or is visibility in Access Tracker acceptable?   6.5 now includes the name of the NAD and Vendor type on the summary page of Access Tracker:

cppm-65-accesstracker.png

• 5.  RE: Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:45 AM

Would be great to see the name of the device on the summary page.  Is the hostname of that device in your example called "Aruba"?

• 6.  RE: Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

Posted Apr 29, 2015 11:51 AM

Stealing clembo post :

It does show whatever the description you type when adding the network device

2015-04-29 11_48_09-ClearPass Cluster - Chrome Remote Desktop.png

2015-04-29 11_49_54-ClearPass Cluster - Chrome Remote Desktop.png

• 7.  RE: Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

Posted Apr 29, 2015 12:28 PM
    Okay cool. Guess that's one more reason to upgrade. Thanks all.

• 8.  RE: Identify Authenticator in RADIUS request

Posted Apr 29, 2015 12:55 PM

@thecompnerd wrote:

Would be great to see the name of the device on the summary page.  Is the hostname of that device in your example called "Aruba"?

My Network Device is named 7010 and the Vendor is Aruba; so it shows as 7010 / Aruba.