Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Insight report posture health username is MAC address

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Insight report posture health username is MAC address

Posted Oct 30, 2015 05:14 PM

Hello,

We want to run a posture health report with Insight. The only problem we have is the username shows the MAC Address and there is no option for the Machine name.

If I run an endpoint report, I can see the Machine name but not the posture agent.

How can I run a report with Posture information in conjunction with the machine name at least and username (AD) as a bonus.

Do I need  custom report from Aruba?

thanks

Ken

• 2.  RE: Insight report posture health username is MAC address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 05:16 PM
    Do your users authenticate in the OnGuard agent or do you have authentication disabled?

• 3.  RE: Insight report posture health username is MAC address

Posted Oct 30, 2015 05:37 PM

Hi Tim

Auth is disabled on the agent. My thinking is if the information is already being reported into Insight, I should be able to leverage it in a report without having to turn this on (At least to get the machine name)

Thanks

Ken

• 4.  RE: Insight report posture health username is MAC address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 05:08 PM

We are working on improving our reporting within ClearPass. Stay tuned for more updates from Aruba...or alternatively reach out to your local SE for further details.

• 5.  RE: Insight report posture health username is MAC address

Posted Nov 02, 2015 05:31 PM

Hi Seth

In the meantime, is it possible to share a SQL query that I can get a Posture Report that list the hostname (not mac)? We are running up to our production deployment this weekend. We have deployed already our agents but its painful to identify the "Quarantined" hosts by MAC.

If I have a query, I will get using DBvisualizer for now.

Thanks for response

Ken