Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a signed installer for Aruba QuickConnect?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is there a signed installer for Aruba QuickConnect?

Posted Jun 23, 2014 01:41 PM

We have Clearpass deployed and using it successfully for mobile devices and BYOD.  On the WIndows devices, users are prompted to download ArubaQuickConnect.exe which comes down fine, but the browser reports "ArubaQuickConnect.exe is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous." and then when executed User Account Control reports that the publisher is unknown.  

I'm just trying to make things less confusing for my employees.  Is there a signed installer for QuickConnect?  We are on 6.2.6 right now.  I don't see any mention of it in the 6.3 release notes.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Is there a signed installer for Aruba QuickConnect?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 03:55 PM

Not everyone has Aruba as a trusted profile sign and the apps settings change based on the settings you put in the provisioning profile, so we don’t sign the Windows app ourselves. 

We give you the option to sign it with a trusted Root or internal since this is based on your internal settings.

signingappcert.png

signingapp.png