Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

Posted Feb 06, 2014 11:38 AM

Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process?  I have a couple users that are here fairly often, but I want to keep them on our guest SSID.  I do not want them to have to fill out the guest registration everytime they are here.  I try to go in and manually set their accounts to never expire, but it never works.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2014 12:30 PM

Yes

guestperm.png

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

Posted Feb 06, 2014 12:42 PM
    Perfect, how would I do such a thing? 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2014 12:44 PM
    I attached a screen shot

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

Posted Feb 06, 2014 01:12 PM
    I appreciate your response.  I have tried this solution before but these users still get the guest registration screen when they leave and re-enter the building. 

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2014 01:17 PM
    Sounds like you don't have Mac caching turned on.

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

Posted Feb 06, 2014 01:58 PM
    On CP or the controller? 

• 8.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process

Posted Feb 06, 2014 09:45 PM

On controller. You should enable MAC Authentication and authenticate via CPPM.

• 9.  RE: Is there a way to create a few permanent guest members as well as use the Guest Registration Process
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2014 03:10 AM

In clearpass when you set up the Guest services you can use the service templates and use 

screenshot_02 Feb. 07 02.04.gif

It will create two services. One for the first time they hit the captive portal and One for when they get disconnected and reconnect.

screenshot_03 Feb. 07 02.06.gif

Here is what the MAC auth service looks like..

screenshot_05 Feb. 07 02.08.gif

screenshot_04 Feb. 07 02.07.gif