Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there to configure a Juniper switch to redirect traffic to Clearpass Captive portal?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Is there to configure a Juniper switch to redirect traffic to Clearpass Captive portal?

Posted Mar 16, 2015 11:34 AM

So far I have configured 802.1X with Posture NAP It worked well, but I can not figure out how to redirect traffic from Juniper switch to the captive portal URL, and if so, which type of services should be configured? Thanks a lot in advance

• 2.  RE: Is there to configure a Juniper switch to redirect traffic to Clearpass Captive portal?

Posted Mar 16, 2015 12:39 PM

Currently EX switches don't support external captive portal. We actively working with JNPR on this and my understanding is support is due later this year.... your mileage may differ on those dates, but I'm very optimistic about this.

• 3.  RE: Is there to configure a Juniper switch to redirect traffic to Clearpass Captive portal?

Posted Nov 30, 2015 11:30 PM

Hi Danny,

I wanted to follow up on this thread from earlier in the year to see if you've had success setting up an external captive portal in recent versions of JUNOS?

Thanks!

-Mike

• 4.  RE: Is there to configure a Juniper switch to redirect traffic to Clearpass Captive portal?

Posted Feb 02, 2016 07:16 PM

@dannyjump wrote:

Currently EX switches don't support external captive portal. We actively working with JNPR on this and my understanding is support is due later this year.... your mileage may differ on those dates, but I'm very optimistic about this.

@dannyjump
    Do you have any update on this?  I got the same answer from Juniper about being ready by the end of 2015 but have not heard anything since.

• 5.  RE: Is there to configure a Juniper switch to redirect traffic to Clearpass Captive portal?

Posted Mar 17, 2015 10:53 AM
    I might be wrong but Juniper has some white papers like this one:
    http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1/topics/example/authentication-captive-portal.html

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Is there to configure a Juniper switch to redirect traffic to Clearpass Captive portal?

Posted Apr 26, 2015 02:58 PM

that seems to a local captive portal aboj and the question is how it interacts with also dot1x on ports.