Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue with ClearPass Guest

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Issue with ClearPass Guest

Posted Jul 06, 2020 08:01 AM
      |   view attached

Dear All,

Good day, i'm seeking your help that we face after implemented ClearPass Guest in Aruba when I press the wifi it's go to the page attached to put the user name & password after press Login it keeps hanging on the page as a picture, so I need to press Use this Network as and go to any browser and right the IP for Aruba and put the username & password.

I really appreciate it if you can help with this issue.

• 2.  RE: Issue with ClearPass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2020 10:11 AM

Check your Vendor IP settings in the vendor setup of the Web Login or Self-Registration.  There are a number of things that affect what needs to go there and that should have been covered in the install guide.  If you have Aruba WiFi you want the certificate CN uploaded to the APs.

Note, all modern browsers are going to require trusted certificates throughout.

Most browsers should have an Inspect option for you to see if there is a console error occurring.

• 3.  RE: Issue with ClearPass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2020 04:02 AM

I see that you are using https to a private IP, which indicates that you don't have a valid trusted certificate.

Please make sure that you have a trusted certificate on both your APs/controller and on ClearPass.

Without these certificates, you will run into all kinds of unexpected issues like not redirected, no pop-ups, unable to authenticate, because the client blocks insecure access.

Do you have trusted certificates on both controller/AP (the name for that certificate needs to be entered in the NAS IP address in ClearPass Guest) and your ClearPass?