Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with Guest Network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Issues with Guest Network

Posted Oct 12, 2016 06:37 AM

HI all,

I have created a Guest network on a IAP105 using one a virtual controller. 

I have used a virtual controller assinged, no splash screen and unrestricted. (so nothing is blocking i hope)

When clients try to connect they some are getting DHCP timouts, others might connect but after some time.

The main wireless is working fine getting a dhcp from the server, has anyone got any ideas?

I can provide the dump file but i would need to cut it down to what you are after.

Thanks all

• 2.  RE: Issues with Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 07:21 AM

What version of Instant are you using?

• 3.  RE: Issues with Guest Network

Posted Oct 12, 2016 08:08 AM

Currently 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.9_47220

But i was planning tp updrage to  ArubaInstant_Orion_6.4.2.6-4.1.1.7_50209 Tonight to see if that helps.

Thats the latest firmare i have.

Od thing is i have other schools with older firmwhere that works fine with the visitor network.

Thanks for replying btw

• 4.  RE: Issues with Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 08:17 AM

Are you using broadcast filtering on that SSID?  Upgrading to the latest GA code is the most important thing to do.  There have been alot of improvements since your version of code was issued.

• 5.  RE: Issues with Guest Network

Posted Oct 12, 2016 08:21 AM

I have not set anything up on it, all standard.

I just used the Gui and pressed New Next etc

I will run the firmware tonight and fingers crossed.

• 6.  RE: Issues with Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 08:38 AM

Configuring broadcast filter ARP in the advanced portion of all SSIDs could improve performance.  Upgrading firmware could also deal with any instability issues discovered in the past.