Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Juniper CPPM MAC Auth

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Juniper CPPM MAC Auth

Posted May 02, 2017 04:41 PM

I'm having a strange issue, if anyone has seen it before before I start opening TAC cases

We have a mixed environment of Juniper and Cisco switches both authenticating against CPPM. If i add a device to the guest device Repository, and attempt to have it authenticate it while connected to a Juniper switch, it fails. Stating:

"MAC_AUTH: No password in request. Not attempting MAC authentication
    EAP-MD5: Authentication failed"

The strange thing is, it works fine if I plug into a cisco switch. It also works fine on Juniper Switches, if I add the device to the endpoint database and remove it from the guest device database.

Anyone see anything similar? 

Thanks,
    Chris

• 2.  RE: Juniper CPPM MAC Auth
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2017 04:53 PM

• 3.  RE: Juniper CPPM MAC Auth

Posted May 02, 2017 06:23 PM

Thanks Tim,

I did see that post, but I thought since some requests were going through okay, it was just the guest devices that were failing, I just had a config error somewhere. I'll look into the diffrent auth source that was posted in that thread. 

Chris

• 4.  RE: Juniper CPPM MAC Auth

Posted Sep 18, 2018 06:59 AM

Hi cappalli,

i have the same issue with aruba switch 2920 whith integration with clearpass for MAC authentication.

I am recieving below error:-

"MAC_AUTH: No password in request. Not attempting MAC authentication
    Cannot select appropriate authentication method"

Do you have any idea how to make clearpass check only MAC address as username without checking password OR how can we do something in aruba switch ?

• 5.  RE: Juniper CPPM MAC Auth

Posted Sep 21, 2022 01:53 AM
    Hi,

Did you ever find a way to insert a password in the mac auth request?

Thanks,

Ambi

------------------------------
    Ambidexter
    ------------------------------