Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Juniper EX3400 TACACS Accounting Issue

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Juniper EX3400 TACACS Accounting Issue

Posted Nov 02, 2018 05:46 PM

I am not sure if anyone is familiar with Juniper here, but I am having trouble enabling accounting on Clearpass 6.7.0 for Juniper EX3400 switches.

I have TACACS Authentication working for the EX3400s, so I'm not sure that Clearpass is the issue, but I do not show any accounting.

I have Authentication and Accounting working succesfully for Cisco and Aruba products.

I feel like I am missing something on the Juniper side, but there is a chance I am missing something on the Clearpass side. 

My Juniper Config looks like this:

10.1.1.1 {
    port 49;
    secret "***"; ## SECRET-DATA
    timeout 30;
    source-address 10.0.0.1;
    };

events [ login change-log interactive-commands ];
    destination {
    tacplus {
    server {
    10.1.1.1 {
    secret "***"; ## SECRET-DATA
    source-address 10.0.0.1;
    }
    }
    }
    }

class RW-CLASS {
    idle-timeout 15;
    login-alarms;
    permissions all;
    }

user JUNOS-RW {
    uid 2101;
    class RW-CLASS;
    }

Where 10.0.0.1 is the switch ip, 10.1.1.1 is the Clearpass. 

The jist of my clearpass config looks like this, I know I get the correct role, so enforcement profile is where I would assume the issue is?
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.35.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.35.22 PM.png

• 2.  RE: Juniper EX3400 TACACS Accounting Issue

Posted Nov 04, 2018 10:08 AM

The configuration looks fine. Are you sourcing the accounting data from the same source IP as the authentication requests? Have you run a PCAP to see if the accounting data is send from the switch?

• 3.  RE: Juniper EX3400 TACACS Accounting Issue

Posted Nov 05, 2018 01:36 PM

It is sourced from the same ip as the authentication. 

I have not run a packet capture yet but that was going to be my next step if my configuration was correct. So it sounds like that's where I am going next. Thanks for your validation