Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

Posted Sep 15, 2014 10:31 AM

Dear Support,

I need to set the re-authentication time interval for 1day or either disable it. To test the scenario I set the re-authenitcation time interval on the initial role of the AAA profile to 0 (default disable) and later on I set it to1440 mins (1day), but still each client need to authenticate their devices again and again.

Suppose if my device is get authenticated via captive portal at 8:00AM and then idle for half and hour . When i again started to use my device at 10:AM I have to re-authenticate it again via captive portal authenitcation. However the user idle timeout on AAA profile is set disabled.

I want once my device get authenticated, then it should be re-authenitcate after 1440 (1day).

Please see the snapshots mentioned below. Reauthentication Interval IMH-logon.jpg

User idel.jpg

• 2.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2014 03:27 PM

• 3.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

Posted Sep 15, 2014 10:17 PM

Dear Colin Joseph,

I have set the user idle time-out to 15300sec (255mins) on L3 profile. As we can also set the timeer on AAA profile according to the AOS 6.4 and 6.3.1.8. If there is no wireless traffic from the client during the specified time the user is removed from the initial role and then have to re-authentication once again. But if there is wireless traffic then user idle time/age out timer will be reset. 

I will let you know and kudos your post if the issue resolved.

Please have a look.

User Idle-timeout Value CP Profiles.jpg

User idle timeout.jpg

• 4.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2014 05:29 AM

The captive port idle timeout will override the global settings in the aaa-timers.

I don't think you need to change the settings in the aaa-timers.

• 5.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

Posted Sep 16, 2014 05:37 AM

There are not settings relevant to the AAA timers (user idle timeout is disable) on AAA profiles.

So I have set it on L3profiles.

Please check my one more post with a subject of Additional authentication POPUP message not showing on taskbar before L3 authentication !!!

• 6.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

Posted Mar 15, 2017 02:26 AM
      |   view attached

hi all,

i have same issue to set the re-authentication interval to  1 hour. but problem is the WebGUI apply button does not highlighted ( i cannot click the apply button ), i am using

Model:        Aruba7205
    Version:    6.5.0.4

i would appreciate your feed back, thanks

• 7.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2017 04:35 AM

Are you on the master controller?

Do you have an account that has a read-only role?

• 8.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

Posted Mar 15, 2017 04:56 AM

hi sir

thanks for the reply.

1 only have once appliance and its configured as master, i only have 1 account ( admin ) and has a root previlige, no other account.

• 9.  RE: L3 Captive Portal re-authentication Interval needs to be for 1day. How

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2017 08:32 AM

Please try to clear your browser cache and try it again.  I do not know why the apply button would not be available otherwise...