Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP filter for Machine+User authentication with same names

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  LDAP filter for Machine+User authentication with same names

Posted Jul 11, 2017 12:32 PM

We have a group of computers that have the same name as their user. When these users go to connect on any device (all networks are running eap-tls), it shows Authentication Failure, Unknown User. When entering the username into the Attribute Filter it brings up both the user and computer object.

The computer objects still need to be found for the computer certificates to be checked, and users need to be found to do user cert checks.

Here is our Current Filter:

(|(&(objectClass=user)(cn=%{Authentication:Username}))(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%{Authentication:Username})))

Outside of renaming the computers to have unique names from users, What options do I have available?

• 2.  RE: LDAP filter for Machine+User authentication with same names

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 12:43 PM

Shouldn't one of them be

(objectClass=Computer)

• 3.  RE: LDAP filter for Machine+User authentication with same names

Posted Jul 11, 2017 12:47 PM

We're checking both CN and sAMAccountName due to some odd structures in our AD.

However all our computer objects are still being checked with this query

• 4.  RE: LDAP filter for Machine+User authentication with same names

Posted Jul 11, 2017 02:55 PM

After taking a further look into our AD schema, it seems that the computer object class is a child of the user object class.

Has anyone done TLS, with machine and user authentication, where the computer and user names are the same? I'm hoping there is a workaround I can get instead of renaming a lot of computers.