Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  LDAP

Posted Apr 17, 2012 03:30 AM

Hi

I am new to Aruba and I'm trying to configure LDAP Auth on an IAP93 (Instant) running 6.1.2.3 OS.

I have followed the instructions in the user guide but it doesn't work. If I run AP Authenication Frames report in the support section on the device I get a "server reject" error! 

Does anybody have LDAP working in an Aruba Instant setup?

Any help getting this working would be much appreciated.

Regards

Matthew

• 2.  RE: LDAP

Posted Apr 17, 2012 05:27 AM

Hi

We have decided to go with radius (microsoft NPS) which seem to work!

Matthew 

• 3.  RE: LDAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2012 05:42 AM

....is the best way to do this.  Congrats.

• 4.  RE: LDAP

Posted May 03, 2012 07:58 PM

Do we have a working config for LDAP/AD and Instant?  I've got a situation where this is not working properly.  If we do, can it be provided?  Thanks

• 5.  RE: LDAP

Posted May 31, 2013 03:59 AM

Hi, I can't use LDAP authentication on instant AP93. Is it really works, I have some "rad-reject" and "eap-failure" on the AP auth frames.

• 6.  RE: LDAP

Posted May 31, 2013 04:39 AM

Hi

I never managed to get it working, I ended up setting up a NPS Server that linked to AD and got Instant to use the NPS server.

This works very well, we have setup that if you are a member of a certain group you can access the Corp wifi and it works seemlessly when users switch from wired to wireless.

Matthew