Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

Posted Aug 14, 2013 08:34 AM

Hi,

what is LIC-CP-EN-XXX* (Enterprise license for ClearPass Policy Manager) license?
    Will I have ClearPass Policy Manager, Onboard, OnGuard and Guest modules if I'll buy it?

• 2.  RE: LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2013 08:46 AM

CP Enterprise licenses allow you to selectively use Onboard, Onguard, and Guest.

Perpetual enterprise licenses can be purchased in 1-, 3- or 5-year increments for 100, 500, 1,000, 2,500, 5,000, 10,000,

25,000, 50,000, and 100,000 endpoints

• 3.  RE: LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

Posted Aug 14, 2013 08:55 AM

What does it mean "selectively" - I can choose one of three? Or using this license I'll choose Onboard and Onguard together, or choose just Guest?

• 4.  RE: LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

Posted Aug 14, 2013 09:43 AM

It means you can use any combination of them; you do not specify them in any way.  Think of it as an open pool for OnGuard, OnBoard, or Guest.

One day you may use 5 Guest licenses and have 10 OnGuard and 10 OnBoard.   However if you added 2 OnBoard, then you'd have 3 available for Guest.   Etc.....

• 5.  RE: LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

Posted Aug 14, 2013 10:17 AM

Can you give some documentation about LIC-CP-EN-XXX* license and ClearPass licensing.

• 6.  RE: LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

Posted Aug 14, 2013 09:28 PM

I don't have a whole lot other than the following snippet of information:

ClearPass Enterprise Bundle – the ability to order capacity that can be dynamically shared across the three applications.

The three Applications being OnBoard, OnGuard, and Guest.

• 7.  RE: LIC-CP-EN-XXX*

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2013 11:18 PM

yb@secnet.ua wrote:

Hi,

what is LIC-CP-EN-XXX* (Enterprise license for ClearPass Policy Manager) license?
    Will I have ClearPass Policy Manager, Onboard, OnGuard and Guest modules if I'll buy it?

Just to clear up your second question "Will I have ClearPass Policy Manager, Onboard, OnGuard and Guest modules if I'll buy it?"  

When you buy CPPM you will automaticly get Onboard, OnGuard, and Guest already included in the single appliance or VM as of 6.0.

You will also get 25 Enterprise lic to try each feature. 

screenshot_01 Aug. 14 22.03.gif