Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

Posted Aug 26, 2015 05:11 AM

Hello,

I want to create a field in the edit user view to see the last login.

In CPPM I found this value: Date-Time. It´s the last login time?

I try to create a new field like this but didn´t work (attached).

Already there isn´t a field like this, see attached.

We need this to see all accounts there aren´t login the last year to disable it manually.

Thanks for support.

Regards,

Marco

• 2.  RE: List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

Posted Aug 28, 2015 11:49 PM

I could be interested in this if you get it working please provide the solution here.  Another way to maybe accomplish this would be to create a report with insight and and compare the unique logins to active accounts exported.  The report would have to cover the amount of days you are allowing to keep an account active.

Are you familiar with Insight?   http://cppm IP/insight.  Needs to be enabled under server configurations of /tips.

• 3.  RE: List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

Posted Sep 09, 2015 05:04 AM

Now we activate Insight.

What´s the right search or Report setting to see last login for my users ?

Regards,

Marco

• 4.  RE: List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

Posted Sep 09, 2015 07:32 AM

If you have CPPM then you have insight is part of it.  You may need to enable insight before you can use it.  To do this you go to your https://your server/tips then under administration > server manager > server configuration you select your CPPM server (if you have multiple) then on the "System" tab check the box that says "enable insight".

No that insight is enable you go to https://your server/insight.  You may have to use the admin login.  from here you can run reports.

• 5.  RE: List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

Posted Sep 09, 2015 08:08 AM

Thanks for reply.

I have a report with all users with session timestamp.

But how can I use this for last login?

The reason is we want to delete all user accounts they didn´t used for 2 years.

How can we handle this ?

• 6.  RE: List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

Posted Sep 09, 2015 08:28 AM

for 2 years is a long time.  My system is set up where guest have accounts that expire after a set time with 1 year being the max time.  If it is needed more than a year an admin will extend the account.  The guest also have to change the password on first login and after 180 days.  I the account is expired CPPM gives you the option to disable or delete the account.  I choose to disable the account and then CPPM will delete the account automatically after 360 days of being disabled.  This is in case the client comes back while the account is disabled and all we have to do is re-enable it. 

I am sure your system is set up to also disable or delete accounts when the account expires and either way it will self clean from the system.  Sounds like you have accounts that are set to expire more than 2 years????   Maybe you can edit all accounts and change to expire in 1 year and just let the default CPPM setting do the work???  Ask support about this.

• 7.  RE: List Last Login Guest Account Guest Manager

Posted Sep 14, 2015 04:56 AM

Thank you for support.

We don´t find something to list all Accounts with last login for 2 years. Should be work but we don´t know how.

Now we have update some accounts with 1 or 2 year expire time.

We have some accounts for useres they work over 20 years here. So they are never expire.