Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Log user authentication history

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Log user authentication history

Posted Sep 24, 2014 12:11 PM

Hi all,

is there any other way to show user's logging history from the aruba command line? Let's say maybe in one day, how many users have logged into the network. The command in the link below can show the log, but very limited - only last two entries and it shows nothing after i run it once. Please help, thanks =)

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-Improved-Logging-in-ArubaOS-Show-Log-user/td-p/1074

• 2.  RE: Log user authentication history

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2014 12:13 PM

Try:

show audit-trail

Also, if you have ClearPass, you can use TACACS accounting to log logins and commands.

• 3.  RE: Log user authentication history

Posted Sep 24, 2014 12:22 PM

Hi Tim,

My apologies for the confusion. I want to know who is connected to my network, when, how, which authentication type, role , name, from which ssid. Similar to "show user" but i want to get the information even after the user is disconnected from the network

• 4.  RE: Log user authentication history

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2014 12:24 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. Misunderstood your question.

In order to log historical client assoication history/information, you'll need AirWave.

• 5.  RE: Log user authentication history

Posted Sep 24, 2014 12:28 PM

Unfortunately I don't have airwave for my controller. That's why I'm looking into command line =(