Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Login only on aSingle Vlan

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Login only on aSingle Vlan

Posted Mar 28, 2012 06:41 AM

thanks for help. but i have another problem ,

i have authentication with ldap from captive portal but i want to assign this authentication to adedicate vlan so user can't use his user name and password to login from another ssid , i mean making separated ssid authentication

• 2.  RE: Login only on aSingle Vlan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2012 06:44 AM

What kind of authentication do you have today for all you SSIDs?

• 3.  RE: Login only on aSingle Vlan

Posted Apr 01, 2012 05:05 AM

wpa

• 4.  RE: Login only on aSingle Vlan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2012 09:17 AM

How do you want to separate users?  If users are in the same LDAP directory, what do you want to be different?

• 5.  RE: Login only on aSingle Vlan

Posted Apr 02, 2012 04:09 AM

i want users to use their password and username to login from one ssid .i mean that the password and user name can't be used to login from all ssid so users will be related to one ssid (say : we have two ssid  test and test1 so adefinit user' s password can be authenticatd from ssid test and can' t be authenticated from test1 )

• 6.  RE: Login only on aSingle Vlan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2012 06:19 AM

Do you already have users logging on on one SSID?  If you are using captive portal for authenticaton on both SSIDs, there is a "single session" checkbox in the Captive Portal profile that will make sure that a user only logs in once to the controller.  If you are using any other type of username or password authentication, you will have to come up with another method to separate users, like group membership.

• 7.  RE: Login only on aSingle Vlan

Posted Apr 02, 2012 06:23 AM

thanks for help.i reached agood solution