Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

MAB not working mitel - how can i authenticate Phone on the network

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  MAB not working mitel - how can i authenticate Phone on the network

Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:24 PM

The phone is registering with a username on clearpass, 

I want to enable all device to be allowed not matter what for testing. Monitor mode only doesnt implement enforcement, and I can't use the auth vlan on the switch config as there is phones tagged on voice on ports. (Or would this still work)

I understand for MAB to work the username needs to the MAC, this phone isn't - is this abnormal?

• 2.  RE: MAB not working mitel - how can i authenticate Phone on the network

Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:40 PM

Failing phonesFailing phonesService configService config

• 3.  RE: MAB not working mitel - how can i authenticate Phone on the network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:54 PM
    You should really use the MAC Auth service template. The service you have is not specific enough.

• 4.  RE: MAB not working mitel - how can i authenticate Phone on the network

Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:59 PM

the logs show that the username is appearing as JBORLAND not the MAC address 

So i understand why its not working, but how do i get it working without re-configuring all the pone before i enable it.

• 5.  RE: MAB not working mitel - how can i authenticate Phone on the network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 10:01 PM
    It's likely a switch misconfiguration.

• 6.  RE: MAB not working mitel - how can i authenticate Phone on the network

Posted Nov 02, 2018 05:45 AM

I agree with the service point, I have this service at the bottom and was meant to be a catch all for everything on the wired, hence this configuration.

I thought this was the phone itself, 

somebody has configured the phones to do EAP with a username and password - is there a way to allow all devices using EAP even if they fail authentication.

I am unable to use the unatuth-vid as the VLAN are not consistant across the sites and require configure 250 ports by hand.