Security

Frequent Contributor I

Re: MAC Randomization - Will it use extra ClearPass licenses and/or cause excessive endpoint DB size

Is there an updated article or paper on this? I started looking for resources since the release of Android 10. It is my understanding that it is no longer true that the device will only beacon with a randomized MAC. Now, it will also associate with a randomized MAC by default.
Guru Elite

Re: MAC Randomization - Will it use extra ClearPass licenses and/or cause excessive endpoint DB size

There should be very little impact to the CPPM endpoint database with Android 10. There is a MAC per ESSID.

There is no impact to licensing.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks, Tim. 

One issue I forsee is troubleshooting. You can't ask the end-user what their MAC address is to dial-in on a specific device.

I'm yet to see Android 10, so I don't want to get ahead of myself. For instance: Is there a menu that shows the unique MAC for a particular SSID on the device? 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

The MAC for the SSID is displayed under the network details in the same place the persistent MAC was displayed before.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: