Security

Guru Elite

Re: MAC authentication

Okay. So your device is being assigned to the role in the internal database of the Mac address entry. The server rule "set role condition.." is shorthand for assign the role next to the Mac address in the internal database. Modify the Mac address role in the internal database to be something like "authenticated", unplug the phone, then plug it in again.

Fail through is not needed. It is for when you are using multiple servers; it does not apply here, so feel free to uncheck that.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

I'm going to leave it now, until after the weekend.  I seem to have taken one step forward and two back with this.  If I do the debug, I know no longer see it trying to connect at all, yet the phone is cycling through it's boot sequence. A wireshark sniff show it doing its TFTP to get code and config, but then the set just restarts.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

@Will-I-am wrote:

I'm going to leave it now, until after the weekend.  I seem to have taken one step forward and two back with this.  If I do the debug, I know no longer see it trying to connect at all, yet the phone is cycling through it's boot sequence. A wireshark sniff show it doing its TFTP to get code and config, but then the set just restarts.

You need to trigger the mac auth by unplugging, then plugging in the cable.  Then you will see the mac authentication.  Please open a support case so that they can look over and fix your configuration.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Aruba Employee

You may also need to issue a "aaa user delete A.B.C.D" as the controller will cache the auth. Do a show user-table ip A.B.C.D and see if they are there.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: