Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

MC: Downloadable Role Issues

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  MC: Downloadable Role Issues

Posted Nov 08, 2019 07:18 AM

Hello, Airheads,

I currently have the problem that my Aruba Mobility Controller refuses to download a role from ClearPass.

The corresponding ClearPass user is stored in the RADIUS Server Settings of the MC

I also set the checkbox "Download Role from CPPM" in the default profile.

In the log I have the message:
    Nov 8 12:51:35 :199802: <4792> <ERRS> |authmgr| message.c, tunneled_user_do_role_and_vlan_derivation:12850: User (b8:27:eb:6f:5c:27) unknown default role "TN-DUR-CL1-auth" provided
    Nov 8 12:51:35 :199802: <4792> <ERRS> |authmgr| message.c, auth_handle_tunneled_user_add:12684: handle station failed: Mac: b8:27:eb:6f:5c:27

If I use a locally available role, of course it works.
    Does anyone have an idea? Forget something ?

• 2.  RE: MC: Downloadable Role Issues

Posted Nov 11, 2019 01:20 AM

Anybody ? :)

• 3.  RE: MC: Downloadable Role Issues

Posted Dec 04, 2019 09:47 AM

Did you resolve this? We are seeing the same issue.

• 4.  RE: MC: Downloadable Role Issues

Posted Dec 05, 2019 05:08 AM

Hello,

unfortunately not yet.

I talked to Herman Robers about it at an Airheads event, we couldn't solve it together.

Thanks again to Herman for the support :)

We also tested the VSA "HPE-CPPM-Secondary-Role", this VSA also works, but the controller still doesn't make any effort to download the role.

But he also told me that the approach is unusual, because the configuration of the roles via Mobility Master is easier than in Clearpass.

My approach to this project, however, is to configure EVERYTHING centrally in Clearpass, so that's where it all comes from.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to open a ticket yet.

So far I configure the Secondary Role locally on the controllers.

Regards

• 5.  RE: MC: Downloadable Role Issues

Posted Dec 12, 2019 07:07 PM

Any updates on this one? I'm looking to do the same thing, but not finding any comprehensive guide for the correct setup of ArubaOS 8 and ClearPass for DUR. 

• 6.  RE: MC: Downloadable Role Issues

Posted Dec 13, 2019 09:04 AM

We idenitified the issue. We had the radius servers entered twice in the controller. The servers we reference for everything is where we had set the CPPM username/password. However, there was another server entry that had no username/password and it was the entry the controller was using to try and download the role.