Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Mac Caching until specific date

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mac Caching until specific date

Posted Feb 05, 2018 07:50 AM

Hi guys,

I'm dealing with a sceanroi where i have to do mac caching until a specific date. We are building a guest access for schools.

Pupils should authenticate only once per school year.

So we defined 31th July a the last day of one school year.

So i tried to solve this challenge with the [Time Source] Authentication source.

But I  have no idea how to solve this problem.

Setting guest accout expiry to this fixed date in July will not solve my problem because there will be pupils who will be not allowed to use guest network all the time. 

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Mac Caching until specific date

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 10:33 AM

Can you expand on this? Not understanding:

"Setting guest accout expiry to this fixed date in July will not solve my problem because there will be pupils who will be not allowed to use guest network all the time."

• 3.  RE: Mac Caching until specific date

Posted Feb 06, 2018 01:19 AM

Pupils are handicaped so they are logged into guest network once with assistance by the teacher. Pupils should not have internetaccess all the time. They only are allowed to use internet if teacher grants the access. While teacher grants acces for one day and the endpoint is already in endpoint database there should be no need to relogin via cp.

So for sure there is a difference between mac caching time and guest account time.

My configuration checks expiry date of guest account AND expiry time in endpoint database.

• 4.  RE: Mac Caching until specific date

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:47 AM

Sorry, but I'm still struggling to understand the different users / workflows at play here. Have you reached out to your Aruba partner?

• 5.  RE: Mac Caching until specific date

Posted Mar 28, 2018 05:02 AM

I have to come back to this topic.

Can you just tell me how to set a mac cache expiry date to a specific date every year?

So if a guest is authenticated with username password the MAC-Auth Expiry field of Endpoint database should be set to 31st of July of the current year. If current date is after 31st July field should be set to 31st July of following year.

I tried to solve it with an SQL statement of [Time Source]. But I'm no expert in PostGre SQL.