Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Master controller not authenticating against RADIUS server

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Master controller not authenticating against RADIUS server

Posted Feb 14, 2020 01:36 AM

Hi,

I have a master-local setup running 6.5.3.3 which authenticate against RADIUS server. Everything was working fine, but recently I noticed that once client moved from the local to the master the 802.1x SSID stop working. I checked the pre-shared key between the master controller and the RADIUS server and it is correct and the RADIUS is reachable. Any thought what to do next? Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  RE: Master controller not authenticating against RADIUS server

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 03:26 AM

Is the Master controller defined as a NAS client on your NAS? Is there any logs on your RADIUS server which shows the reason as to why it did not authenticate the client? Are the clocks in sync between your Master Controller and the RADIUS server?

You can run the following command on the controller and it will give you some insight if the server is timing out etc.

#show auth-tracebuf

• 3.  RE: Master controller not authenticating against RADIUS server

Posted Feb 19, 2020 02:08 PM

The Master and the local are defined as a NAS in my RADIUS and the clock have been setup correctly. When I put this command

#Show auth-tracbuf 

I get nothing on both controllers. Finally, my RADIUS is in house Linux server that we build from scratch, so there are no log messages.