Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Meru + ClearPass Guest

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Meru + ClearPass Guest

MVP
    Posted Jul 11, 2014 02:05 PM

Running into a weird problem with a Meru and ClearPass Guest integration. I followed the Meru-ClearPass.pdf document and everything is working except when I log in with my credentials (after self-registering), i get redirected to "https://vpn/userLogin/" and I don't get logged in. This is defined in the NAS Login part of the Guest registration page. I also do not see any hits in access tracker. Any reason this would be happening? Hopefully somebody else has seen this.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Meru + ClearPass Guest

MVP
    Posted Jul 11, 2014 03:14 PM

update:

If we add the exact URL with controller's IP address, the redirect works and everything is successful, however we then get redirected to this page:

screenshot.jpg

We do become authenticated and can browse away to get to the internet, but we should see a login success page.

Also the variable {$h} seems to be causing a problem with reaching this page and becoming authenticated. That variable is located in the NAS Login section for destination url.

Any ideas?

• 3.  RE: Meru + ClearPass Guest

Posted Nov 21, 2017 11:41 PM

I have also see this exact same behaviour recently.  Were you able to find a resolution?

• 4.  RE: Meru + ClearPass Guest

MVP
    Posted Nov 22, 2017 09:54 AM

This was quite some time ago, but I don't believe we ever resolved this. I think we had to go another route, but I couldn't tell you what that was.