Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Meru's Mobile Flex vs. Aruba's Clear Pass: Which is better??

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Meru's Mobile Flex vs. Aruba's Clear Pass: Which is better??

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:14 AM

I'm currently trying to assess the pros and cons of Aruba's Clear Pass versus Meru's Mobile FLEX, and I need some help. 

I know that Meru Networks uses Mobile Flex to simplify onboarding, and it also uses Context-aware Application Layers (CALs) that enable dedicated channel assignments for specific applications, devices and usage scenarios.

I know that Aruba Network's Clear Pass is used to manage network policies, securely onboard and manage devices, admit guest users; and, secure, distribute and manage mobile work apps.

With that said, why would Aruba's Clear Pass management be better than Meru's solution? For my sales team I'm putting together key points to know about Meru, and how Aruba could potentially best Meru in almost any scenario. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

• 2.  RE: Meru's Mobile Flex vs. Aruba's Clear Pass: Which is better??

Posted Nov 24, 2014 11:28 AM

Did you ever get an answer on this outside the board? I'm in the same boat.

• 3.  RE: Meru's Mobile Flex vs. Aruba's Clear Pass: Which is better??

Posted Nov 24, 2014 02:08 PM

Flex is Meru's name for their "architecture".  Which piece are you digging into specificially? What network infrastructure are you using?  

• 4.  RE: Meru's Mobile Flex vs. Aruba's Clear Pass: Which is better??

Posted Nov 24, 2014 02:09 PM
    Meru connect (formerly identity manager).