Security

Highlighted
Contributor I

Migrating Clearpass VM to new hardware

Hi All

I have a cluster of 2 x C2000V, these are currently running on dedicated hardware seperate to our main VM estate. The hardware is old and needs replaceing so I would like to migrate them to our main VM estate. Could someone point me in the direction of some documentation for how to migrtate a Clearpass 6.7 cluster. The reason for the migration is performance issues with the current hardware so I would like to stay away from vMotion or exporting OVA etc. so I assume the best solution would be to restore to a new VM from a backup, just can't find documentation on the process with 6.7.

Thanks

Dave 

MVP Guru

Re: Migrating Clearpass VM to new hardware

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=33099

You can install new VM with recommanded resources and restore old backup. Once server is up,copy license/certiicate from old server and install on new server.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Super Contributor II

Re: Migrating Clearpass VM to new hardware

vMotion is possible but I suggest you to shut down the machines before the migration. vMotion is the easy and fastest way.

Willem Bargeman ACMX#935 | ACCX #822

Please give me kudos if my post was useful!
If your issue is solved mark the post as solution!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: