Security

Highlighted
Contributor I

Migration from ESXi 5.0 to ESXi 6.0 (Clearpass VM)

Hello Folks, 

Actually, I have a Clearpass VM 6.4 running under an ESXi 5.0. 

I'm looking forward to upgrading to ESXi 6.0.

Did someone go through this before? how was your experience? did ClearPass face an issue after the ESXi upgrade? Any pre-requisites required for ClearPass before the ESXi upgrade? 

thank you! 

Contributor I

Re: Migration from ESXi 5.0 to ESXi 6.0 (Clearpass VM)

Hello All, 

Any feedback here ?

regards,

thanks, 

MVP Guru

I think I have once done that upgrade once in lab and it just worked. Make sure you have backups.

Please make sure you get upgraded from ClearPass 6.4 to 6.6 or better 6.7. Depending on the amount of config, you could consider spinning up a new ClearPass on the new ESXi version, then use backup-restore to get the config ported over.

If you are in doubt, please contact Aruba TAC to review your upgrade plan.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Contributor I

Hello Herman, 

upgrading to 6.6 is the best I can do for now, 

Having a new Clearpass VM in the new ESXi, and take a backup restore from the old ClearPass and posted it over is a good idea, but what about licensing? how I can migrate them too? 

MVP Guru

You will need to work with Aruba TAC to get your licenses migrated, which works pretty well from the feedback that I received.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Contributor I

Great Thank you, Herman 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: