Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Moving master publisher to another cluster node

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Moving master publisher to another cluster node

Posted Apr 08, 2019 09:37 AM

Just checking ..,

I've a 2 node clearpass cluster and I want to move the MP to the other node. When I try it however I get a message saying 

"WARNING: All application licenses will be de-activated. Please contact support to re-activate these licenses"

Is this true? I thought that  with the 6.7. license model the licenses would just move over to the drestunation master publisher node

• 2.  RE: Moving master publisher to another cluster node

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2019 01:35 PM

Hello Alex,

Yes, the platform licenses, should not be impacted, but the application licenses will be deactivated. You could try doing a online activation, if not, support team should be able to activate them again for you.

--

• 3.  RE: Moving master publisher to another cluster node
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2019 08:39 AM

Actually didn't have to do anythnig 

1). master publisher moved to the other cluster member

2). logging onto old master publisher and doing a show license gave me the activation key for that server and none of the other licenses

3). logging onto the new master publisher (cli) and doing a sh license showd that all the licenses had moved over to the new master publisher

4). logging onto the new master publisher via a web interface did not prompt me  to activate the server

5). logging onto the old master publisher via the web interface also did not pormpt me to activate that server

The only thing I had to "tweak" was some custom clearpass guest stuff not associated with the actual master publisher move

Rgds

Alex

• 4.  RE: Moving master publisher to another cluster node

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 12:57 PM

Great, Alex, thanks for sharing.

I misread your question, in the first place. i was assuming you are just promoting one of the nodes, to be publisher with in the same cluster.