New QuickConnect Android App Released
10-05-2018 07:01 AM
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Android QuickConnect app version 1.0.105005! Because QuickConnect is used on many versions, we are including a mini-release note in this notice.
What’s New in This Release:
- Added support for Android 9 (Pie) operating system releases.
Change of Behaviors:
- Users will now be prompted to understand the permissions that they are required to accept in order for the application to work correctly. Once they continue they will proceed through the permission prompts.
- Android 9.0+ now requires location services to be enabled to retrieve Wi-Fi information in all provisioning cases.
New Known Issues:
- CP-23814 Android 8.0+ no longer supports provisioning proxy settings. This restriction is imposed by Google.
- CP-23208 QuickConnect provisioning over IPv6 networks is not yet supported in the application.
The updated version Aruba (1.0.105005) has been posted to the Play Store already.
A big thanks and congratulations to the QuickConnect Engineering and QA teams for reaching this milestone & to the TechPubs team for their work on the Release Notes and manuals!