Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ODBC driver for MySQL

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  ODBC driver for MySQL

Posted May 11, 2012 10:11 AM

ClearPass team,

We're trying to set up ClearPass for a simple MAC AUTH scenario, querying an existing MySQL database of "registered" hosts as an auth source.  Despite the documentation and product marketing saying it will support "any ODBC-compliant SQL server", there only appear to be ODBC drivers built in for MSSQL and Postgres.  Where can we get access to a MySQL driver?  Beta code is fine - we're happy to help test. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ODBC driver for MySQL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2012 09:30 AM

We can upload your SQL driver and it will show up as a source in the dropdown.

Please contact support about this.

• 3.  RE: ODBC driver for MySQL

Posted Jul 09, 2014 07:39 AM

Hi,

I also need a driver for MySQL for my 6.3.3 clearpass setup.... Well its actually an eval at the moment but we'll be purchasing clearpass in the nect couple of weeks

Rgds

A

• 4.  RE: ODBC driver for MySQL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 07:40 AM

Contact Aruba TAC for latest enablement patch.

<EDIT> The current version is available on the support site:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=13130

• 5.  RE: ODBC driver for MySQL

Posted Mar 26, 2015 06:17 PM

To echo what the other's have said, call TAC. 

I had the same issue & was able to get w/ TAC to resolve it.  Make sure you've downloaded the correct driver for your version of CPPM from the support site.  They are in the ClearPass folder under the "Tools & Resources"  Tab, not software (as one would suppose).

Once you've downloaded it, depending on your version of CPPM you may or may not be able to import it as an update.  CPPM > Administration > Agents and Software Updates > Software Updates.  

If you run into issues (as I did) call TAC.  

They essentially had me upload the update to the CPPM server via the CLI using the arubasupport user (which you'll have to enable to get shell access to your CPPM server).  I used SCP.

$ scp CPPM-x86_64-20140218-mysql-support-patch.zip.signed arubasupport@<YOUR CPPM IP>:~/. 
    CPPM-x86_64-20140218-mysql-support-patch.zip. 100%  210KB 209.8KB/s   00:00    
    $

Once you have that done, login to your CPPM using the arubasupport user & launch a shell.  Then copy the file to the update directory : 

[arubasupport@CPPM ~]$ sudo sh

sh-4.1# ls 
    bin  CPPM-x86_64-20140218-mysql-support-patch.zip.signed
    sh-4.1# cp CPPM-x86_64-20140218-mysql-support-patch.zip.signed /var/avenda/platform/store/updates/
    sh-4.1# 

Then, open a new shell & login as the appadmin user.  Apply the update.  

[appadmin@CPPM]# system update -i CPPM-x86_64-20140218-mysql-support-patch.zip.signed

Installing patch from=CPPM-x86_64-20140218-mysql-support-patch.zip.signed
    Extracting patch...
    INFO - CPPM-x86_64-20140218-mysql-support-patch.zip.signed is signed
    INFO: Preparing ...
    INFO: Running pre-install scripts ...
    INFO: Applying patch ...
    INFO: Recording patch ...
    INFO: Running post-install scripts ...
    Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
       1:mysql-connector-odbc   ########################################### [100%]
    Success: Usage count is 1
    INFO: Patching complete with status - 0
    Exiting with 0
    [appadmin@CPPM]#

That did it for me, now on to configuration, Policy Simulation, & testing.