Security

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: OS X Onboarding Issues

I talked with the engineer, he is in the middle of replicating the issue; I told him if he cant replicate or runs into a road block to just escalate the case to me. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks.  This issue first manifest at a customer site.  I just tested in my own lab (ClearPass 6.1.1) and got the same result with an OS X laptop running 10.8.4.  I suspect this may be an Apple issue.  In the short term, I am thinking we could just edit the "After Provisioning" instructions to direct Mac users to turn WiFi off/on as this seems to work fine.  

The more troubling issue (on the same TAC case) is that ClearPass does not appear to be enforcing device onboarding limits (see my other thread: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ClearPass-formerly-known-as/Onboard-Device-Limits-by-Group/m-p/80300 ).  This is very bad since each onboarded device = $$$.   I am really hoping this is just user error on my part.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

I'm having the same issue on a few OS X 10.9.4 machines. Was this ever resolved? ClearPass version 6.3.4

Regards,

Josh

There are few different issues that some of the guys are having in this thread. What is your exact issue?

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

The client re-connects as PEAP and not TLS even after toggling the wifi. 

Regards,

Josh

Are you using the same SSID for both PEAP and TLS? 

Double check your profile settings under onboarding. I just did a test with my 6.3.4 and osx and there was no issues.

If you make any changes to your network settings in CPPM you need to resave the provisioning profile to make sure a new package is built.

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

TAC suggested bumping EAP-TLS with OCSP above PEAP in my authentication method list on the service. This seems to have fixed it. 

Regards,

Josh
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: