Security

Occasional Contributor II

Re: OS X v10.11 - iOS 9 Public Beta Released - Problem 802.1x

iOS 9 public beta 2 is out now.  I am still unable to connect to 802.1x networks.  We are terminating on separate radius servers with a 4096-bit cert.  Never been a problem before, which makes me wonder if it's just a beta bug in iOS 9.

Highlighted

Do your radius servers support TLS 1.2?

Thanks,
Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Is there a timeline for TLS 1.2 Support on the Controllers? Surely this won't be a reactive deployment. 

I think this took me like 3 hours of fooling around with it.  Mostly because the newest eapol_test from the wpa supplicant has a bug in it apparently that says the authentication failed even though it really succeeded.

But long story short, updating our radius servers and some required perl modules added TLSv1.2 support and our 802.1x network now works with my phone on iOS9.

Thanks for the pointer in the right direction.

+1 for me.

Granted I'm working a few weeks into the future so may be dealing with a different build of 10.11.  That said, I was fighting a MacBook Air over this same issue, uninstalling VPNs, antivirus, etc.; pouring over logs... and then I rebooted.

802.1X now works without issue.  Successive reboots, network interface disable/enables, all continue to auth successfully to our X network.

Occasional Contributor I

Can some body share a step by step procedure to slove this issue.

We lreay have some TAC case open #1788130

Regards

Nimesh

What RADIUS server are you using?

Are you using EAP termination?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: