Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

OSX Clearpss captive portal not closing

Hi All,

I have created a captive portal in clearpass which is working great, the user enters their username and password ( and 2fa token as i have linked it  to a radius server) and then login in fine, and get redirect to the "you have successfully login in " but the captive portal does not auto close, there is no close button, you just have to press cancel or the X

see attached, which shows after i have successfully logged in. I am connecting to a network that does not have Internet access ( if that make a difference ) 

Any suggestions 

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: OSX Clearpss captive portal not closing

Hi,

Answering your query.

You can use the destination URL option to handle this and redirect the authenticated user to your website webpage.

destination.JPG

also i did not understood your last line " I network connecting from and two does not have Internet access ( if that make a difference ) "

Vikram Sonawane | ACCP | @Vikram_Sonawane

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Not had more morning coffee yet, i have updated the last line

In terms of the redirect, that is working fine, and i get redirect without an issue ( that is what the attached image was showing) but the OSX captive portal still shows cancelled as the option not closed. 

i

Highlighted
Contributor II

Hi,

I have few questions for you.

• Is it possible to Post a short video here explaining the work-flow and the place where OSX device is getting stuck.
  • Is it happening with only OSX devices?
  • What is the NAD device(Controller) which is serving the clients for Guest SSID.
  • Is this issue is specific to any browser, have you tested on different browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox.

Vikram Sonawane | ACCP | @Vikram_Sonawane

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: